Friday, May 29, 2009

My robot



I'm happy because I almost finish my rover robot.
The robot is going to be used to inspect fires and show the level of 4 gases inside the fire. In addition to the sensors, the robot has a camera to watch and moves it quickly.
I've been working on it since January and it has been so tedious because I've been working with 3 friends and we had to manufacture all the pieces of the robot.
The most difficult pieces were joints because they must be so precise to join them.
We use aluminum mainly and Teflon to made some bearings.
We present this project in the middle of June and we hope pass the exam to have our title as a Mechatronic Engineer

2 comments:

The Undertaker said...

QUE ONDA COMPA, PASAME TU MSN, NECESITO UN PARO CON UNAS PIEZAS PARAUN ROBOT, O AGREGAME


metallico_1986@live.com.mx

atte javier

Mr. Ruben said...

Bravo! Don't forget to let us know how it is performing. Are the tires fire resistant? Can it move over fallen objects? Also high heat tends to mess the antenna up.